Saturday, April 16, 2022

Trash Talk...

Over the past several weeks I have had the opportunity to talk to the news media about the ongoing controversy surrounding the City of Jackson's garbage contract dispute. This has become one of the ugliest, nastiest political fights I have seen in my eight years living in Jackson. 

March 9, 2022- Shrader on the pervasive nastiness of this situation in the Northside Sun: https://www.northsidesun.com/local-content-top-stories/unfounded-foote-calls-lumumbas-accusations-against-him-preposterous#sthash.xHsSQewS.dpbs

April 8, 2022- Shrader on the politics and personal nature of the trash dispute in the Clarion-Ledger: https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2022/04/08/look-political-situation-over-jackson-garbage-contract/9469331002/

April 13, 2022- Shrader on the potential impact of this on Mayor Lumumba's legacy in the Northside Sun:  https://www.northsidesun.com/could-trash-issue-affect-mayors-future#sthash.QpKZ6pkZ.dpbs


1 comment:

  1. Professor Shrader, check your IG or FB message! I'm the editor for Michael Smerconish- we're trying to reach you but can't find your email! editor@smerconish.com

    ReplyDelete

The Red Sox Battle the Evil Empire: Playoffs 2026

 As we prepare for the start of the American League Wild Card series tonight between the forces of good--the Boston Red Sox--and the Evil Em...